Sunday, August 30, 2009

Summer.....Farewell

Well, tomorrow is the last day of August. Where did those two months go? I
personally have had the best summer of my life. I've enjoyed spending
quality time with my kids, husband and my family. It has been great to be
up at our cabin close to the people I care about, just enjoying all that
summer has to offer. I've heard many people grumbling about the weather,
and I agree, it wasn't stellar - but it was still time off for me. Time off
from school schedules, my kid's sporting events and even photography work.
It was time off for my boys as well- they were able to just PLAY every day
and I love that about summer. I personally chose not to enrol them in
anything in July & August - I wanted them to just be kids with no worries of
having to be somewhere. We have a few days left of this carefree time in my
children's lives and then it will be back to the grind. It will be early
mornings, homework, hockey practices, swimming lessons and so on and so on.
I've got several photo shoots booked for the September Long Weekend, but
until then....it's going to be movie nights with my boys, sleeping in until
we feel like rising & shining and just enjoying our few remaining days of
"time off". I wish all of you a great last week of summer. I hope you've
stopped to smell the 'sunflowers' just as I have!

"The work will wait while you show your child the rainbow, but the rainbow
won't wait while you do the work"

1 comments:

Christie said...

You have an amazing eye. Keeping my fingers crossed that you have a slot open for us next weekend.

Your newest fan,
Christie

Post a Comment

 
Blog Designed by Rita of CoffeeShop