Friday, March 4, 2011

My Inspiration.

There was a post on one of my photographer groups' pages about what inspires you. Everyone answered, but I didn't because at the time I wasn't really sure. I got to thinking about what truly does inspire me as a photographer? Nature, no. Other photographers, no. And as I looked through all my photos it became very clear. What inspires me is my family. It sounds corny, but it's true. My family are my inspiration. When I head into a session I am always thinking to myself "what would I want to gain from this session?" I then proceed to shoot the shots that I would most want for my own family memories. I want to capture that emotion and that warm sense of family when I meet with clients. Now when people ask what is my inspiration? My answer will be very clear - FAMILY.

My children inspire me first and foremost on a daily basis. They are the sole reason I got into photography. I was obsessed with capturing their little lives on film. I wasn't happy with my point and shoot cameras and slowly upgraded, and kept clicking away. Next thing you know I was taking pictures of friends and family....and then it just went from there. Through it all, my main focus has always been capturing my children on film. Capturing all those little moments to be treasured forever. As they grow older, I am even more grateful for the memories I have captured. And I am also grateful that others ask me to capture some "memories" for them as well. Hence, the name of my business - Memories by Me Photography. So what inspires me? Family. And I am so truly, grateful for my family!

Thanks for the inspiration Danny, Dylan, Jack, Kris, Mom, Dad....L, B, L, B, J, C, D, K, R, M & E! I love you all!!



0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blog Designed by Rita of CoffeeShop