Monday, January 4, 2010

Changes....

After much thought I have decided to only offer family portraits exclusively outdoors. I will still do the odd indoor portrait session for newborns and small children, but would like the majority of my business to be outdoor, offering natural light and natural backdrops.  There are several reasons for this decision.  One is that I don’t have the space to accommodate larger groups or families indoors without dismantling my living room.  As well, you simply cannot beat natural light.  I have tried to set up lighting to best accommodate family portraits, but my favourite always remain outdoor, natural light photos.  And to be completely honest, I am just not a fan of indoor, posed photographs, especially family portraits.  The style I strive to achieve is the candid, spontaneous pictures that evoke the true ‘picture’ of what a family is. I realize this may eliminate some future bookings coming my way, but I am at a point in my business where I only want to do the types of pictures that I feel I’m best at – and thus – my decision to be exclusively outdoor.

 

 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blog Designed by Rita of CoffeeShop