Friday, January 29, 2010

My "Real" Job


Well, I've had a busy week! Last weekend we decided to head up to our cabin and enjoy a weekend of skiing and hanging out as a family. We ended up getting storm-stayed there in the blizzard. (not a bad place to be storm-stayed though!). I was in a bit of a panic because my middle son Dylan was scheduled for surgery at 7:00 a.m. on Wednesday and when the blizzard hit again on Monday I was afraid we wouldn't get back in time for it. We did though! We braved the roads on Tuesday and "turtled" our way back to our home in Oakville. Thank you to the Blight's (our wonderful neighbours) for plowing out our yard and making it possible for us to get home.

Dylan and I went into the Portage General Hospital on Wednesday at 7:00 a.m. and he successfully had his tonsils, adenoids and even a front tooth (it as very loose) removed. Thank you to Dr. Thess & his wonderful nurses (especially one named Bev) who gave him such excellent care. I am very fortunate that my kids have always been healthy. I have to say, I give immense credit to those parents who have had to deal with serious illnesses with their children. Watching your child being wheeled into an operating room and unable to be there holding his hand is a very scary thing. Of course, I cried.....and so did he....which made the ordeal even more scary. I stayed with Dylan for the entire time he was hospitalized. I slept in his little (and I mean little) bed with him and just took care of him as he recovered. We were in the hospital for 36 hours, which is a long time when you are away from your other children. Thank you to my amazing Mom who came and made sure all was well at the homefront. What would I do without her? You are always there when I need you. I am so lucky.

Dylan and I are home, and he is doing well. I am so grateful that I have a job (photography) that allows me to do my real job (being a Mom) well. Photography allows me to be there for my kids 100% when I am needed most. I'm grateful to my clients who are patient with me when I have to reschedule a sitting because my kids need me more. So, thank you to my current & future clients....I love my job and I love even more that it gives me the opportunity to be a full-time Mom!

I've attached a picture of Dylan and I that was taken prior to his surgery.....he wasn't smiling like this afterwards....but he is now....toothless grin & all!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blog Designed by Rita of CoffeeShop