Friday, September 18, 2009

Life

So, my Mom turned 60 yesterday - yes 60! If you knew my Mom you'd know why this doesn't seem possible. She is a beautiful, fun and "young at heart" woman. I'm always amazed by her! She is an amazing Grandma, a wonderful Mom and an awesome Registered Nurse. I really do find it hard to believe she's 60....looking at her makes me think that age is simply a number, it has nothing to do with how you are supposed to "act", "look" or "be". I am back up at my cabin for the weekend. I have a photo shoot today in Grandview, but then took the following two days off to spend time with my Mom & sisters. We're heading to Clear Lake to the Spa - cannot wait!!! I will also take some pictures while I'm in Clear Lake as it's beautiful this time of year.....see, I'm still "working". I could have booked up this weekend with family portaits, but it was more important to spend time with my family, and be here for my friend.

My best friend lost her Dad yesterday to cancer. I spent the afternoon with her and her wonderful family and it reinforced even more to me that we need to appreciate our health and our loved ones NOW while we can. Life can change in a moment's notice. I heard a line from a song yesterday while I was driving away from my friend, it said "each day's a gift and not a given right". That is so true. To the Silewich Family - I will never forget the many years I spent as a part of your family. Wally was an incredible man and he will live in our hearts forever. Thank you Kim, Curtis & Gladys for sharing him with me for so many years.

So, as you can see....yesterday was mixture of happiness & sadness; of mourning & celebration for me. Milestone birthdays and death have an extraordinary way of putting everything in perspective. Life is short - live each day to the fullest.

Happy Birthday Mom. Rest in Peace Wally.

Love U both.....Jodi

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blog Designed by Rita of CoffeeShop