Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Cookie-Palooza

So, last week my laptop went in for repairs. I was completely lost without it, but needless to say I accomplished so much aroud here. Lesson learned - time to shut off the computer once in a while. My house was completely organized by the end of the week and the kids were thrilled with all the baking I did. I went on a bit of a cookie-paloozathon while my laptop was away. I have had a few requests for the recipes so here goes.....

(recipe is found below each picture)


Dad's Cookies

1 c Sugar
1/2 c Brown Sugar
1 c Butter, softened
1 Egg
3/4 c Coconut
1.5  c Flour
1 tsp. Baking Soda
2 tsp. Baking Powder
1 1/4 c Oatmeal
1.5 tsp Vanilla
1 c Chocolate Chips (optional - I add them because the kids love them)

Mix and drop onto ungreased cookie sheet.  Bake at 350 F for 12 minutes.

Oatmeal Smartie Cookies

2 c Butter
4 c Flour
1.5 c Brown Sugar
2 tsp Baking Soda
2 c White Sugar
1 tsp Salt
4 Eggs
4 c Quick Oats
4 tsp Vanilla
3 Boxes of Smarties

Mix together in order listed. Bake at 350 F for 12 Minutes!



Home-Made Oreo Cookies


2 (18 ounce) boxes devil's food cake mix
4 eggs, beaten well
2/3 cup oil
1/2 cup margarine

Mix cake mix, eggs and oil together well. Shape into marble size balls. Bake at 350°F for 10 minutes. They are done when the tops looked cracked.  Cool cookies on countertop.

Icing:
2 c Icing Sugar
1/2 c Butter
Dab of Milk
1/2 tsp Vanilla
Blend to proper consistency of icing. 

Ice a cookie, put another on top!  Delicious!!  You can use any favourite icing recipe for the centre. 

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

OH MY WOOOORD!
Those all look so fantastic!
Thanks so much for sharing!!!!
Gonna get baking those smartie and oreo cookies ASAP!

Post a Comment

 
Blog Designed by Rita of CoffeeShop