Tuesday, February 2, 2010

I do OR I don't.



So, I turned down a great opportunity to do a fabulous wedding in Portage la Prairie this June. The bride and I had been going back and forth about it and I had expressed my concern that I wasn't ready to take on a big wedding such as her's. I am booked for a few weddings already this summer, but they are smaller, more informal affairs where they've hired me for a few hours during the day to capture some great shots. Have I made the right decision? I think so. Would I love to do weddings? Absolutely. Ask anyone - I absolutely love love love weddings. I'd be a wedding crasher if I didn't have three kids to tow along on weekends. There is something so beautiful about a bride and groom on their wedding day, and to be able to capture that love on film would be a dream come true for me. But where does one start? I think I'm doing the right thing by easing into this....just doing smaller weddings to start and build my way up to a bigger wedding. Ideally, I would love to tag along and be a secondary photographer at a larger wedding. You know, the pressure is off....and let the main photographer do the service, etc. My dream would be to meet up with a bride and groom in between the ceremony and reception and capture those pictures. As you can tell I have struggled with this decision to accept the challenge of this wedding, but I think I made the right choice. I suggested some amazing photographers to her in the area so I hope she finds someone to capture her day for her.

The pictures I have attached are from a wedding I did last July. It was so much fun - I was the "secondary" photographer and had a blast!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blog Designed by Rita of CoffeeShop