Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Olympic Pride!


Well, I have to say I have never been more excited about the Olympics than I am with the 2010 Winter Games. I think it has something to do with the excitement that my sons have for cheering on Canada. My oldest son Danny especially has a keen interest in the games. He's a hockey fan like his Grandpa Max, but I never thought he'd be so into the Winter Games like he is. He knows exactly who the athletes are, when they are competing and their chances of winning a medal on home-soil. He is so into the games and I am so happy to see such pride in his country. This excitement and pride is catching on with his two younger brothers. The channel on the television does not leave CTV or TSN while they are home. They are wearing Canada Jerseys all the time and they live, breathe & eat the games. Bedtimes have been extended a little, the TV now remains on through supper and we are truly an Olympic Pride Family for the remaining days of the Olympic Games. So, when someone complains about the cost of the Olympics, or issues surrounding the games I just tell them that the Olympics not only bring a nation together......they bring families together too. GO CANADA GO!!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blog Designed by Rita of CoffeeShop