Monday, February 14, 2011

Day 363, 364 and 365! Mission Accomplished....

Day 365

"Jeff & Jodiene"

Well here it is. Day 365 of my Project 365. Honestly, I thought of throwing in the towel at about Day 120, but my stubborness would not allow it. I really don't like to start something I cannot finish so I perservered. I'm not going to lie, there were days where I did not have a clue what to take a picture of... (ummmm, the picture of my eyeball and the picture of the reflection of myself in the window are two that come to mind)...and there were also days where I had 50 images I wanted to use. Regardless, I did it. It has been a great experience and I cannot tell you how much all of your feedback has meant to me.

Today I travelled to Austin to take pictures of my dear friend Jeff Early (Ravenshoe Photographics) and his lovely fiance Jodiene. I'm not going to lie - I was a tad nervous about this session. Jeff is my "go-to guy" whenever I have a technical question or advice on equipment. He is always so willing to help me and guide me on my photography so when he asked me to do his engagement pictures I was a little nervous. I always get nervous before a session, but taking pictures of another photographer made me even more so. However, within five minutes into our session the three of us were laughing and having fun and we captured a ton of mages for Jeff & Jodiene! Thanks guys - it was truly an honour taking these pictures for you. Check out Jeff's fabulous work at Ravenshoe Photographics.

I find it quite fitting that Jeff was who my Day 365 was of. He is on Day 362 I believe and we have been encouraging each other throughout this Project to keep going. We never planned for this to be my Day 365, but I think it's very cool that it is.

So, here it is DAY 365 of my PROJECT 365. Thanks for coming along on my little adventure.......

PS - his heart says "Marry Me" and her's says "Love Him".....you can't really see that in the collage.See More



Day 364

"Favourites"

I really love newborn photography and I also really love engagement sessions. Today I was able to shoot both my favourite types of sessions.
...
I was very lucky to meet two-week old little Brayden and his parents today. Brayden was super cute and super alert. I couldnt' believe a two-week old could stay awake and be as good for as long as he did. No matter what we did, he would not go to sleep. The minute we placed him down in a basket, his one little eye would open almost to say "oh no you don't - I'm staying awake for this". He was just a little doll and I adored being able to hold him - what a sweet heart. Thanks Jason & Nici - it was great to meet you, and wonderful to meet your new little son. Congratulations.

Later this afternoon I was able to meet another one of my fabulous 2011 couples - Dan & Jenna. These two were so fun to work with and so nice. We chatted away about their upcoming wedding and got to know each other a bit better. I always love e-sessions as they are a lot of fun to shoot and it also gives me an opportunity to meet the couple before their big day. I love Dan & Jenna's story, very cool how they met via Facebook and now here they are planning a life together. Thanks for coming out to my neck of the woods today Jenna & Dan - so great to meet you. Congratulations on your engagement!

Here is just a few of the many, many images I captured of both of these sessions!

Day 364......Jenna & Dan and Baby Brayden.


Day 363

"Saturday Morning Cartoons"

Sorry folks, didn't capture a lot on Saturday. We had hockey, then went out for dinner and out to a social so the camera pretty much stayed on my desk the entire day. I dd capture some fun hockey pictures, but I have posted enough hockey pictures in this Project so I thought I'd use this cute picture of Jack watching his cartoons. He was pretty much oblivious to me taking this as he was zoned in on the TV (and I think still half-asleep).

Day 363....Mr. Jack chillin on a Saturday morning!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blog Designed by Rita of CoffeeShop