Monday, February 28, 2011

The Magic In Ordinary Days.....

I watched a movie a couple years ago called "The Magic In Ordinary Days". I loved the movie - one of my favourites! The title of the movie has always rung true with me. With such a hectic life full of hockey, skiing, photography, housework, kid's school activities and just the hustle and bustle of life, I have grown to appreciate the quiet, ordinary days in my life. I have been fighting a bad cold the last couple weeks so today I just stayed home with Jack and basically did nothing. It was one of those "ordinary" days that I treasure. I didn't have anywhere to go, anything to do and just was quiet. Jack wasn't very interested in watching TV so I kept it off. He spent the majority of the day building lego (his Dad's old set - how timeless of a toy is that!). I puttered around doing a bit of laundry, tidying up somewhat and just being still. There truly is "magic" in days like today......a little kiss on the cheek from Jackson here and there, watching him play quietly with his toys, enjoying a warm cup of tea and just being still enough to look around and appreciate all that I have.

I have been taking pictures of my kids where they are just doing what they love, whether it be building lego, drawing, colouring, writing or reading and I am growing more and more in love with these types of pictures. They are truly the essence of who they are right now in their young lives. I know I will look back on these someday and these images will take me back to our life.....to what I have grown to love....and that is "the magic in ordinary days".






0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blog Designed by Rita of CoffeeShop