Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Happy Birthday Dylan!

It is Dylan's 8th birthday today. I was looking through some pictures and video today of Dylan and it struck me how much he's "growing up". He is no longer the little boy who lived in a Superman Costume every day for a year. He no longer flies around the house fighting "bad guys" and "saving the day". He's growing up....right before my very eyes. It is moments like this where I am so grateful that I have taken the pictures that I have. I spent more time than I should have looking through old photos today of him and his brothers, but it took me back and made me grateful for all that I have.

As for Dylan's "big day"....we're celebrating it with his friends tomorrow because today was a hockey day. I still tried to make it a special day for him, but with school all day, and hockey practice after that, it was kind of a rushed birthday. He is a lucky little guy though - he celebrated Monday night with Grandma and Grandpa Maxwell coming for a sleepover and taking us all out for supper. Today he got presents and cake at home with just us and tomorrow is his party with his buddies. Must be cool to have a three-day party in your honour!

Here are a few images from Dylan's big day. Happy Birthday Dylan. Love you to the moon and back.


I love this picture of Dylan and me. I had a full day of editing and getting things organized so I think I look a bit worn out, but regardless....I treasure every picture with me and my kids!

Thanks for taking this one Kris! When I hand Kris the camera, he just points and shoots....usually about fifteen shots as he's never sure if he'll get a good one. I'm grateful for these pictures so thanks!

My house has been taken over by Lego! All three boys are so into Lego right now, but it's not always easy to come by the ones they want. I ordered this one from a toy store in Toronto - so glad it came in time for his birthday as he loved it!



How we like to celebrate our birthdays around here - together as a family!


Fun times after hockey! Cupcakes, milkshakes & blue jello. Dylan preferred blue jello to cupcakes, which is fine by me. He is the birthday boy!

I took this right before he got on the bus. My little eight-year old!


Lego...again - Harry Potter and Indiana Jones are Dylan's "flavour of the day"

"It's not only children who grow. Parents do too. As much as we watch to see what our children do with their lives, they are watching us to see what we do with ours. I can't tell my children to reach for the sun. All I can do is reach for it, myself." ~Joyce Maynard

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blog Designed by Rita of CoffeeShop