Saturday, December 18, 2010

Christmas Party!

Have I mentioned that I have the best "staff" in the world?! Let me introduce you to them:

1. Kris (the hubby). He is my sounding board, my financial advisor, my mailman, my delivery person and the guy who buys me the expensive equipment I need, that I really can't afford!

2. Danny (the oldest boy). He is my "greeter". When people come to my door, he is usually the first one to welcome them into our home. He is also my cheering section, always telling me what I great job I'm doing and complimenting me on my work. He is also my "second shooter"....many of the photographs I often feature are taken by him. I think he has the "eye"!

3. Dylan (the middle boy) He is my "smile catcher" (and my charmer). If I'm having trouble getting a smile or a laugh out of a child, I often call Dylan in for the job. He never fails to get the absolute best smiles out of some of my littlest clients. He also is a "second shooter" and has taken some pretty awesome pictures for me!

4. Jackson. He is my "assistant". While I am working away on editing pictures or returning emails while the other boys are at school, he is usually right by my side doing all my very important "colouring jobs". He is also an awesome "smile catcher" too!

Last night we went out to celebrate our great year at Memories by Me Photography. The five of us headed into our favourite restaurant...Tony Roma's. We had an excellent time and let the kids order whatever they wanted off the menu. It was so much fun. We followed it up with a movie at Silver City (Yogi Bear). I can't imagine any other people I would want to have a Christmas Party with.

Now is a good time to thank my family for their patience with me this year. My boys have endured countless hours (and I mean countless!!) of me sitting at my laptop editing pictures. While I often try to balance Motherhood and my career, there were times I know I failed this year and unfortunately, my kids paid the price, not my clients. I learned a hard lesson - I took on way too much considering my responsibilities I have at "home". I am cutting back in 2011 and being a wife and mother first. My clients will still receive the same service I provided them with this year, I just won't be taking on as many bookings. So Danny, Dylan, Jackson and also Kris - thank you for coming on this adventure with me and lending me to my clients! I love what I do, but I love all of you more!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blog Designed by Rita of CoffeeShop