Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Day 290

"My New All-Time Favourite Book"

So, I sound like Oprah, but I have a new favourite book that you all must go out and buy to read to your children. It's called "Wherever You Are", by Nancy Tillman. I was in Costco today and the cover caught my attention so I picked it up to read it. Five minutes later, I'm standing in Costco with tears streaming down my cheeks. It is a beautiful book about no matter where your children go, your love will be with them. I took each boy aside today and read it to them alone (and no, I did not cry - I had done that in Costco).

All the pages in this book are beautifully illustrated and it was funny what each of my kids picked out of the book. At the end though, they got the message and loved it too and they're 10, 7 & 4! Jack even asked me to read it to him again. I will leave you with my favourite page:

"In the green of the grass....in the smell of the sea.....in the clouds floating by.....at the top of a tree....in the sound crickets make at the end of the day....
You are loved. You are loved. You are loved, they all say."

Day 290...my favourite book....(OK, Love You Forever is right up there too)...I'm such a SAP!..

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blog Designed by Rita of CoffeeShop