Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Day 302 and 303

"All is calm....all is bright"

Well, I'm up at my cabin and enjoying every second of it, other than missing my two oldest sons and their Dad! Jack and I came to attend my nephew's birthday yesterday and I also took the opportunity to get everything ready for Christmas while we are here. Presents are wrapped, ba...king is done, and I'm ready! I had planned on getting a real Christmas tree for our cabin, but jack spotted my ugly old artificial one and demanded we put it up "so we're ready when Santa comes".....I obliged and we have our cabin decorated. I may still get a real one for the living room downstairs, as I put this one up in our loft.

Enjoyed our day up here visiting with my sister and her boys and time kind of slipped away on me for my Picture of the Day.

Day 302....my Happy Place....all ready for the holidays! :)
See More


"The End of an Era"

So, tonight was the last Nursery School Christmas Concert I will attend as a parent. All of my boys have attended Tiny Tots Nursery School in Oakville and I cannot say enough good things about that program. We are blessed with wonderful teachers and a Board of Directors who go above and beyo...nd. I am proud to say I sat on the Board for several years myself and it is something Oakville should be extremely proud of.

Tonight's concert was great, the kids sang and even put on a play - which is remarkable considering they are all three & four years old. The concert started at 7:00 p.m. and ended at 7:30 so to get 14 little people to learn all those songs and even parts in a play is definitely thanks to some incredible teachers.

I am not going to lie, I was a bit emotional thinking that "this is it"....it's another milestone as a parent that I'm not quite sure I'm ready to accept. While I'm grateful that my children are healthy and given the luxury of "growing up", there is a part of me (a big part of me) that wants them to stay little forever.

Kris took this picture of Jack and I tonight after his concert. I actually thought he was done taking the picture and I had turned to Jack to tell him how proud I was of him....and Kris captured it perfectly. I love this picture - I will actually treasure it forever - thank you Kris.

Day 303....my little man and me on his big night!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blog Designed by Rita of CoffeeShop