Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Day 296

Day 296

"Hockey Pics"

So, I know I said I would never do hockey pictures again, but it happened. Never say never. I actually had very good intentions. At the start of the year I sent out an email to the coaches in Oakville advising them that I would not be doing them and suggested a local photographer that does (First Class Photography). I was at practice the other day when one of my son's coaches came up and asked me if I would reconsider. I stayed firm to my no.....for about two minutes. How can I say no to a guy who has volunteered countless hours to coaching my son for the past six years? To make matters worse, my son Danny also wanted me to do them. So, needless to say I found myself out on the cold ice surface at Oakville arena last night yelling at a bunch of nine & ten year old boys to smile, but look tough! LOL!

It's actually not that big of a deal, there are only ten kids on the team and they are all a bunch of great kids, but it's more everything that is involved. Oakville rink by far has the worst lighting on the planet....and it's cold....really cold. Then you have to get home, sort, edit, make Memory mates, etc. Anyhow, it's done....it's over...and I guess I'm glad I did them! Danny is, and that's what really matters.

Just for fun I had the kids "do something fun" at the end of our team shoot. It's always my favourite shot when I do these!

Day 296....Oakville Seals Atom Team having fun. And wow, Danny is pretty much as tall as me on skates....YIKES!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blog Designed by Rita of CoffeeShop