Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Day 332

In the Middle of Nowhere"

This is where I live. Literally in the middle of nowhere. And I love it. When I first moved to Portage after I was married we lived right in the City. I hated it. Nothing against Portage, but I grew up on a farm, miles away from town and "in the middle of nowhere". Sure, I had liv...ed in Brandon and Winnipeg before settling down, but those were temporary, and I knew I would not be "living" in those places forever. After a couple years living in the City I looked at my husband and said "I need wide open spaces". He told me to give it five years and if I still didn't like it, then we could move.

Literally five years after moving to Portage I said "My turn"! We luckily found a great property "in the middle of nowhere". I loved it and everything just kind of worked out like it was meant to be. We've been here six years now and have never regretted it. Even my "city-boy" husband loves it. It would be 100% perfect if we could cut out our little four acres and move it closer to my family, but I'm coming to terms with the fact that that dream will never happen! ;) I remember the first night we spent in our new home and Kris was staring outside and he looked at me and said "whoa, it's so dark and so quiet". Right then, I knew I was "home".

Day 332....where I live....."in the middle of nowhere".

PS - I took these this afternoon - beautiful day outside - get out if you have a chance! ;)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blog Designed by Rita of CoffeeShop