Monday, January 17, 2011

Day 337

"Stay Warm"

Sorry folks, picture is a little lame today, but I have a to-do list a mile long! Thankfully, it all involves staying home and indoors. It is cold out today so Jack and I are staying home and tackling a bunch of stuff around here that should have been done months ago! I made home-made soup yesterday and it is the perfect lunch for such a cold day today.

Day 337....my lamo picture of the day - home-made soup. Stay warm and stay safe all you Manitobans!


Recipe:
1 cup diced carrots
1 cup sliced celery
1/2 cup dice onions
1 TB butter
2 tetra packs of Chicken broth (I also use my own chicken stock if I have some frozen, but the tetra packs work just as well)
2 TB dill
salt & pepper
1 cup fine egg noodles
3 TB chicken soup base

In a pot, saute carrots, celery and onions, add chicken broth and noodles, season to taste with salt & pepper and add plenty of dill for flavour. Lightly boil so noodles cook. Simmer and enjoy! You can add diced chicken to this as well!

1 comments:

Jacquie said...

Thanks for sharing, Jodi...can never have too many soup recipes in this province lol

Post a Comment

 
Blog Designed by Rita of CoffeeShop