Sunday, January 23, 2011

To Blog or Not to Blog......

I find myself wondering sometimes if my blogging and constant pictures of my kids are boring to some of you? I question whether I put too much out there about my life, especially where my Project 365 is concerned. When I blog, whether it be to do with my project or my photography, I try not to get into personal issues like what angers me, my personal views on religion, politics, the photography industry (and trust me I have plenty that angers me in this area!) and instead try to focus on my day-to-day life as a Mom, a wife, a sister, a daughter, a friend. I try to keep my blogs upbeat and funny, with a twist of sarcasm. To me, writing has always been therapeutic. I don't really do it for others, I do it for myself. I certainly don't do it to "drum up business" as that's not the way I want to run my career. So I guess the question is - why do I do it?

Since starting my Project 365 I am amazed by how many people follow it and often send me an email telling me how they related to that certain picture or something I wrote. When I first started the project I figured it would be for me, about my day to day life and a great way to practice photography. It has become so much more than that. I have received countless emails from Moms just like me either trying to get into the photography business, or simply because they can relate to what I write about motherhood, family and everything those two important subjects mean to me.

I am a little more than three weeks from being done my Project 365 and I have had several people ask if I'm going to continue with it. I haven't decided yet. I enjoy it and find it very challenging and also a great way to improve on my work, but I'm just not sure I should do it all over again.

So, to those of you who follow my blogs - thank you! To those of you who think it's boring or uninteresting - don't follow it! I guess it's as simple as that. I will continue to blog and post my work as I see fit. There are certain pictures of my personal life that you will never see, but for the most part I am proud of my beautiful children and family and I will "show them off" as much as I can!

PS - I am fully aware that this picture below is blurry, but I love it just the same! ;)

1 comments:

Unknown said...

Please don't stop! not your blogging or your Project 365. I am in year III of my own project 365 and even though I have missed a few days here and there, it is not worth quitting. there are some amazing photos I would never have if not for this project. The people who let you take their photo just because of this project. Seriously, the only reason we just had a recent good photo of m y Mom for her obituary in the newspaper was that she let me take it for a Day # ?? in NOvember when a childhood friend came for coffee and Mom popped in for a visit too. As much as I wished I was in the photo with my Mom, as least I have the one with her and our friend Joy. Mom and Dad babysat Joy for a few years before us kids came along and she was a very special little lady. Mom and Dad so wished they would have such a nice little girl just like Joy some day.. and they had 3!!! So, those shots that just happen as your project 365 happen for a reason, even if you don't know it then!

Keep up the great inspiring work. I love checking in to see what is going on at Memories!

Post a Comment

 
Blog Designed by Rita of CoffeeShop