Sunday, April 4, 2010

Day 49


Well, I'm happy to report that the Easter Bunny found his way to our cabin this morning. It was a bit of a hectic morning with all three boys searching (fighting) for eggs. I'm not sure why they were racing around trying to beat one another as I made them put everything in the middle of the floor and divide it up evenly in the end. Always competing! We had our Easter Celebration on Saturday with my family so we had today to ourselves. We took a drive around Asessippi, packed up and headed to Brandon for our own little Easter celebration at our favourite restaurant - Montana's.

Whenever I drive from Brandon to Portage, I always notice this one lone tree along the #1. I always wonder why it was chosen to stand alone all these years. Obviously at one time, there were more than just this one tree, but somewhere along the line, they were taken out and this one tree remains. There is something symbolic about that lone, old tree. It reminds me of my Grandpa Maxwell. He buried his brother yesterday, it was his only sibling. He has lost his parents, two wives, many dear friends and his son..... and yesterday he lost his brother. He is turning 88 this month and I couldn't help but marvel at how well he does. He looked so handsome and distinguished at the funeral in his suit and he stood tall and proud and strong, just like this tree.
To some of you, you may think "it's just a tree along the side of a road, what so special about that?", but I hope some of you see the beauty of this tree as I did. Even though it's pretty boring & blah outside, this tree still looked beautiful to me.

Here is Day 49......I hope you all had a wonderful Easter weekend with your loved ones and friends.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blog Designed by Rita of CoffeeShop