Sunday, April 25, 2010

Day 69


"Happy Birthday Grandpa!"

My Grandpa turned 88 on Thursday, but we had his party on Saturday at my Uncle Brian's farm. It was a celebration for Grandpa's 88th birthday and a retirement party for my Uncle as he has recently retired from farming. My kids had a blast playing with their cousins and exploring my Uncle's farmyard. They arrived clean, but left covered in dirt & dust from head to toe!

My Grandpa does not like getting his picture taken, in fact when he sees me coming he usually puts his hand up in front of his face to block my shot! I had to sneak around to take a few photos of him on his birthday. He is 88 years "young"....still curls all winter, golfs all summer, attends all the hockey games in town,drives, lives on his own, etc. He does so well for his age. You would honestly never believe he is 88! We are very lucky that we still have our Grandpa in our lives....and I'm very lucky my boys have a Great Grandpa!
Happy Birthday Grandpa! So thankful we could celebrate it with you on Saturday.
Here is Day 69......

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blog Designed by Rita of CoffeeShop