Friday, April 23, 2010

Day 68


"A Day at the Auction"

So, I took the kids out of school a bit early today and high-tailed it to Grandview to be at my Uncle Brian's Farm Auction. He has decided to retire from farming this year so an auction was in order. It's hard to believe he won't be farming anymore....it's been his life for almost 40 years. My Dad is his older brother and I guess I always assumed my Dad would retire before my Uncle, but my Dad doesn't seem to be ready to call it quits yet. I didn't get to the auction until 4:30 p.m. so I missed a lot of it, but I hung around for a few hours afterwards to visit with my cousins and see some old familiar faces. Auctions in small towns are more than just "an auction", they are a social gathering and a good time is usually had by all!
I packed up my five (yes I said FIVE - I brought my nephews with me too) boys and we came back to the cabin tonight. It's been a bit of a fun, but wild night!!
Here is Day 68....just a few pictures from the auction.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blog Designed by Rita of CoffeeShop