Thursday, July 8, 2010

Day 143

"Demolition Day"

So, the boys and I ventured from the cabin to my Mom and Dad's yesterday. We arrived just in time to catch all the demolition my Dad had going on. He was getting rid of all the old beaters and scrap metal around the yard. The boys thought it was sooooo cool to see all these old cars and trucks be pounded into nothing and loaded up to be taken away. I on the other hand, was a tad sad to see my first ever car being pounded into nothing. Long Live the MICRA!!! I also kept texting my younger brother pictures of his first ever car (the Grand Am) being smashed into nothing as well. The boys kept a hubcap and a license plate for dear Uncle Brett! Lots of memories were being destroyed before our very eyes, my Mom and I were a tad sad! Dad, I'm sure, thought we were ridiculous. I couldn't help but wonder why Dad all of a sudden feels the need to get the "yard cleaned up".....I have a feeling it may be for retirement purposes. There has been some discussion here and there about "selling the farm" and I honestly can say when that day comes I will be an absolute mess. Heck, I was getting emotional just watching an old piece of junk being pounded to the ground....how will I get through a farm sale of my "home". Here's hoping it's a couple years off.

Day 143....here it is....a day late!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blog Designed by Rita of CoffeeShop