Monday, July 12, 2010

Day 146

Day 146

"Jamie and Ting....Happily Ever After...."

I woke up Saturday morning and headed to Clear Lake to photograph Jamieand Ting's wedding. I was a bit nervous about this wedding as the Bride, Groom and I had never met. They are from Calgary, but his family is from Dauphin so a friend of mine recommended me (thanks Keri - she is also his sister-in-law!). The Groom and I went back and forth on various emails and the first time we met was actually when he was walking down the aisle with his beautiful bride. The one thing I loved about this particular shoot was that all they wanted me for was to shoot the outdoor ceremony and do wedding party/family/couple pictures on the beach afterwards. They were both so laid back and relaxed and we all just had fun touring the beautiful beach area of Clear Lake.

There was a bit of a scary moment when I showed up at the Bandstand for the 2:00 p.m. wedding and there was another photographer scoping out the area. I casually walked over and asked the photographer if she was here to shoot a wedding later and she said "no, I'm here for the 2:00 p.m. wedding". At first I thought maybe they had an additional photographer hired and that's why they only wanted me for three hours in the afternoon? Turns out I was wrong....the Park had made a mistake and double booked the Bandstand for 2:00 p.m. All the guests started arriving while the mothers-of-the groom's were trying to sort out what was going on. In the end, Ting and Jamie graciously stepped back and waited it out and were married an hour later! You would think that would frazzle any couple on their wedding day, but not these two....they just took it in stride.

Long story short (OK, too late for that now)....it was an absolutely beautiful wedding with a stunning couple. This shot I'm featuring for Day 146 was the last shot I took. They actually had just put their three-month old son in the car and stepped back to say good-bye to me....I told them to kiss on the sidewalk for one last shot. I loved how this turned out, and I faded them to black and white because it looks more like time stands still for them while the hustle and bustle of Clear Lake continues around them.

Thank you Jamie and Ting. It was great to meet you both. Congratuations on your marriage and I wish you nothing but love and laugher....and happily ever after!

Here is Day 146....more pics of this gorgeous pair to come!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blog Designed by Rita of CoffeeShop