Friday, July 30, 2010

Day 164

"Lance's Work"

So, I headed to Grandview yesterday for rehearsal. Yes, I said rehearsal. My sister-in-law signed me up to be in the Grandview Settler's Re-enactment play in Grandview for the Homecoming Weekend. She said we wouldn't have any lines, etc and it would be easy. Hmmmm.....she was mistaken! I suddenly found myself in a saloon girl costume trying desperately to learn the can can!! OMG....what have I (no, let me rephrase that, she) got me into!! A ton of work has been put into this production and it is going to blow people away....there are stagecoaches, horses, etc and I hope the people coming "home" and the residents come out to watch this play as the volunteers have doing a truly amazing job of putting this all together. Now, if I can just keep myself from falling on my face while doing the can can!!!

I was out at my brother's place and he took me to show me his mural he did for the new Grandview Kinsmen Community Hall. WOW. When he turned on the lights I was blown away. He did such an amazing job of this. He painted all of this free-hand (is that what it's called Lance?) and this all came out of his imagination. This mural truly represents everything Grandview is about. We are a farming community and proud of it! This hall is truly a testement to what small towns are about. The people in the community decided they needed a new hall and they all worked together to raise the funds and see it built. I know of a few larger centres that could take a lesson from this initiative! Everyone involved in this new building should be so proud of themselves. Just another reason why I am so proud to still call Grandview "HOME".

So, Day 164 are a few shots I took of Lance's mural. Well done Lance. I'm so proud of you....

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blog Designed by Rita of CoffeeShop