Sunday, October 24, 2010

Day 252

"Happy Birthday Mr. Wood"

I have been looking forward to taking pictures of Ray and Elaine Wood's family for a few weeks now. I met with Mrs. Wood last Tuesday for coffee and we took a drive out to the farm that she and Ray raised their family on (her Grandson now lives there). We toured around and found a great location that we thought would be a nice spot to take family pictures at in honour of Ray's 80th birthday. I found out while on our little tour that this land was also where Ray grew up, which makes this location even more significant for these pictures.

I met with the Wood Family this afternoon and we couldn't have asked for a more beautiful day. We captured some great shots of a variety of combinations of the families and they were all a great bunch to work with. At the end of the session Mr. Wood wandered out to check out his son's cattle and I followed along to take just a few more shots. I'm so glad I did as I love this one of him.

It was a busy day for me, I had the Wood Family session as well as a session with Robin and her kids, but the shot that I want to feature as my pic of the day has to be of the birthday boy himself, in his element....on his farm....Happy 80th Birthday Mr. Wood. Thanks for being such a great sport today!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blog Designed by Rita of CoffeeShop