Thursday, October 14, 2010

Jolene and Curtis ~I Do~

Jolene and Curtis were married in Winnipeg on Friday, September 24, 2010. Jolene works with my husband Kris and her Dad and Kris are business partners. I was thrilled (but also a bit nervous) when Jolene asked me to photograph her wedding. At the time she asked, I was not doing weddings, but she would not take no for an answer. I am so glad I said YES! This wedding was so much fun to be a part of and I am so grateful for this opportunity. Here are a few of the many images I was able to capture for this beautiful couple. Congratulations Jolene and Curtis!

I am a sucker for details.  Jolene and Curtis had a very romance-inspired wedding.  The venue was decked out with tons of candles and roses and the atmosphere oozed romance! 
I met the bride and groom at the Fairmont in Winnipeg and captured some fun "getting ready" shots. The girls were relaxed sipping on coffee and Mimosas and the boys were even more relaxed with their Bud Light! ;)  I have to say, having the Mac Cosmetics girls and Hairstylist coming right to your hotel room helps to ease the stress of the day. 
The ceremony and reception were held at the Millenium Centre in Winnipeg.  The venue was gorgeous and the ceremony was beautiful.  I loved how there were rose pettles strewn up the red carpet, added to the romantic feel of the ceremony.  Thanks to my hubby for capturing the shots from up in the balcony.
For fun, I told the attendants to do something spontaneous when they walked out of the ceremony.  I am not a fan of those boring shots of the groomsmen and bridesmaids walking out....they all did great! Love these!
Jolene was absolutely radiant.  She was so much fun to photograph as she just did whatever I told her.  I love the colours of the Exchange District.  And with a beauty like Jolene, it's hard not to get a perfect a shot!
Curtis was so laid-back and relaxed on his wedding day.  I love the picture of him coming out of the limo bus! I did not tell him to do this, I just captured it!
The bridal party was a lot of fun.  They were easy-going and relaxed and that helped make my job easier.  Note to bridal parties of the future - when you "tour" with the bride and groom in between the service and the reception - somebody take a WALLET!  I told this crew they could go to the pub in the Exchange while I did couple shots, but not one of them had a cent on them!
We captured some family shots at the reception.  The Millenium Centre has these cool old vintage rooms so we took advantage of that as we lost our daylight by the time we got around to doing family pictures.  Here are just a few of the many.
The Couple - Romance is certainly still alive!  These two were so in love, so into one another that all I had to do was follow along with my camera and capture them.  I love each and every one of the images they allowed me to capture.  Jolene and Curtis - you are a beautiful couple, truly beautiful!


Thank you Jolene and Curtis for letting me be a part of your special day. I was so honoured to be asked to do this very important job on your special day.  Wishing you both nothing by ~love and laughter~ and happily every after
~J

5 comments:

Nichole Roszell said...

beautiful photos jodi.

Nicole said...

absolutely stunning!! you did an amazing job!!

Christine said...

AWSOME PHOTOS JODI!!!! You did a great job for someone who doesn't do weddings regularly, you'd never know it if you hadn't mentioned it!!!!

Kelsey said...

Love, love, LOVE! These are amazing!

Shayla said...

These are sooo beautiful!! Now I'm extremely excited!!

Post a Comment

 
Blog Designed by Rita of CoffeeShop