Friday, October 8, 2010

Harvest at Night



One of my more vivid memories as a child growing up on my parent's farm was "harvest at night". It was so fun to go ride around in the grain truck until all hours of the night. My older brother often drove grain truck so I'd just ride along with him, or my Uncle Randy sometimes too. I can remember tip-toeing into Grandma's House to get more coffee for my Dad's thermos....sometimes this would be at 3:00 a.m. when they'd be pulling an all-nighter. Those nights are some of my fondest memories. As we were driving up to the cabin I spotted these combines in the field and I had to stop and take a picture. I'm sad I missed harvest this year with my Dad. I was too busy with my own "busy season". Next year I'm going home for sure for harvest....just hoping he doesn't sell the farm before that! Here are a few pics of my "night harvest" around Shoal Lake.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blog Designed by Rita of CoffeeShop