Monday, November 1, 2010

Day 259

"One Word ~ Fun"

Well, today was Halloween. I figured I had everything organized. Dylan was to be a soldier, Jack was to be Super Mario and Danny was in charge of his own. Well, why was I surprised when Jackson and Dylan decided they wanted to be something different than they were in school! Dylan announced h...e wanted to be a hobo. What? Huh? I have no idea where it came from, but he was adamant about being a hobo. I sent him researching online because I really didn't have a clue what a hobo should wear. Jack wasn't sure what he wanted to be so he lined up a bunch of costumes and did the "eeny meeny miny mo" and it landed on a pirate patch! Lo and behold I was scrambling around trying to find a hobo costume, a pirate costume and face paint to go with my husband's clown wig!

Danny (the good child - go ahead and critisize me for labeling my kids - he is the good child - ask anyone) put his own costume together. He was kind of a mixture of things and called himself the confused/scary pirate - perfect! I even got into the spirit and was a pirate. We loaded up and headed to Portage to go to a few places in town we always try to get to. Then we came home and unfortunately Danny (yes, the good one) got another one of his chronic migraines so he and I stayed home while the other three - the clown, the hobo and the pirate headed into Oakville to trick or treat!

I am still awaiting the return of the trick or treaters, but my text messages from Crusty the Clown tell me a good time has been had by all, except poor Dan the Man. :(

Day 259...a collage of our Halloween day ~ I had one trick or treater!! How pathetic is that, and I even decorated my front step, made treat bags and stayed in costume. :( oh well.....

For those of you who celebrate Halloween....I hope it was a fun, family day for all of you! It sure was for us....up until Danny's migraine, I don't think we've laughed that much as a family in a very long time!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blog Designed by Rita of CoffeeShop