Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Day 275

"Practice Makes Perfect"

Have I mentioned I loathe Tuesdays & Thursdays? Actually, they aren't that bad....it's just it is the little guy's Nursery School those afternoons, followed by about 2.5 hours at a rink! These days things are even more insane because it's our Novice Tournament this weekend and with our ...small team, tournaments such as these are a lot of work. Oakville Arena is run SOLEY on volunteers (no "caretaker", no "rec director", no paid employees!) which means the parents are responsible for everything....cleaning the ice, canteen, baking for tournaments, timeclock, scheduling, clean up, set up, EVERYTHING!

On a normal game, it's a lot of manpower required, but for a tournament which starts at 8 and ends at 8 it is even more work. Luckily our team has a great group of parents, even though we only have nine kids on our little team! I am actually amazed that we are even able to host a tournament given all the responsibilities that go along with it - but that is a true testiment to what raising your children in a small, rural community is all about!

I took my camera tonight as I wanted to get a couple pictures to use on my program that I am making for the tournament. We missed Dylan's first game so I didn't have a chance to get pics in their jerseys so the pictures I got are of the kids in their practice jerseys....oh well.

Day 275...Dylan at Novice Practice!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blog Designed by Rita of CoffeeShop