Monday, November 8, 2010

Day 267

"Thanks Mr. Disney"

So, my seven year old stayed home from school today. He had a rough night so I decided to just keep him home with me and Jack. I had a very busy weekend and I decided to take the morning "off" and just do something with Dylan and Jack. I bought Toy Story III last week and figured this would ...be the perfect thing to do. It is a great movie, but I wasn't prepared for my emotions getting to me at the end of it. Wow, I was a mess! Don't get me wrong - it's a great movie, but Toy Story has a place close to my heart and it basically just got to me.

When my oldest son was a toddler he loved movies. His favourites were Toy Story and Spirit (another wonderful movie). I was pregnant with Dylan and unfortunately was quite sick through my pregnancy. I would spend the day laying on the couch (pail in hand - sorry, it's true) and Danny and I would watch movies together. I honestly can say I have seen Toy Story I and II at least 20 times each, if not more. Danny loved everything about it and had all the toys....Woody, Buzz, and even Rex. I guess watching this movie today brought back all those memories. In this movie Andy grows up....kinda just like Danny is. I think it all just hit home and thus....the tears flowed! I think Dylan and Jack thought I was losing my mind!

After the movie I decided to find Woody, but he was nowhere to be found. In my search I found characters from Tarzan (another one of our favourites), Lion King, The Incredibles, Winnie the Pooh, Brother Bear, Cars, 101 Dalmations, and so on and so on. It hit me how many memories I have with my children because of the "Wonderful World of Disney". At the time we were watching the movies I never realized that a few years later that watching these characters again would bring back such memories....and in turn such emotions.

I realize I am being a tad bit emotional, likely tired too from a busy weekend....but I'm just feeling a bit reminicent today. Anyhow, the kids were in no mood for a picture so I threw all our beloved characters into a basket and took a picture of them. Jackson has now been playing with them all for about 45 minutes now!

Day 267.....just a few of the many Disney characters that have played a roll in my children's lives.....I wonder if I'll find Sheriff Woody yet?  Thanks for the memories Mr. Disney....

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blog Designed by Rita of CoffeeShop