Sunday, September 12, 2010

Day 210

"Nature Walk"

So, it was a beautiful fall day today....a bit windy, but the sun was shining so I'm certainly not going to complain. I had a very productive day today, completed a wedding package and one family package. I also managed to do some baking with the kids....and I have to tell you this funny story eve...n though it's not related to this picture. I let the three boys clean out the bowl from the chocolate cupcakes....they hopped up on the island and dug in. In typical Dylan style, he stops and looks at me and says "you know Mom, this is one of the only times in my life where I wish I was an only child".....I laughed so hard! That is so Dylan!

I have to admit, I spent way too much time on my laptop today and that is the reason for the chocolate cupcakes. I kept shooing the kids outside so I could get my work done. After supper I realized I kind of wasted a bit of their Sunday so we all headed out on a nature walk. I live on the end of a road right by the river. The mosquitoes were too bad this summer to venture out on the dyke, so we headed out tonight. I was blown away by the beauty of the fall leaves. Definitely going to do our family picture at this location - it's only about 50 steps from my home. Anyhow, I took along my camera and managed to capture this shot of the boys and their Dad walking down the dyke. We had a great hour-long walk and unfortunately I thought it would be "Fun" to go through the bush to get home. Ummmm, nope, not a good idea. We battled burrs all the way through and I'm sad to say I had to cut some out of Jack's hair! Still lots of fun....

Day 210....my four favourite people enjoying nature's beauty! I need to learn to take more time like this and just breathe.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blog Designed by Rita of CoffeeShop