Monday, September 27, 2010

Day 225

"Strength"

I received an email about six weeks ago from Joan wanting pictures of her daughter Sophia in her Pow Wow Regelia. When I heard she was three years old, I jumped at the chance to photograph her. When I heard that Joan also wanted to bring Sophia's Grandmother Donna in her traditional aboriginal dress ...I was even more excited. We got rained out last week so I was so glad today worked out to be a beautiful day to capture these memories. I was awe struck when I saw Donna and Sophia together. Donna exuded grace, strength and pride and I did my best to capture that. Little Sophia was utterly adorable. She had been sick with the flu on the weekend so she was getting tired near the end, but for a three year old, she did unbelievable. I think her Grandma had such a calming presence that she just followed along. This was such a unique session and I'm so grateful Joan asked me to do these. It was so nice to meet you Joan and Donna....and of course you too Sophia!

I also met up with Chris and her boys Riley and Kieren this evening. The day certainly changed and I lost my blue skies and sunshine, but because of the cloud cover we were able to take pictures anywhere we wanted without having to dodge the sun, etc. Chris's boys were so fun to work with - they truly were happy to be having their picture taken, which made my job so much easier. She is truly raising little gentlemen! I could tell Chris is extremely close with her boys and I tried to capture that as well. We had fun and that's what these family sessions really should be. I don't know Chris, this is the first time we met, but I know she has been through a difficult time and I could sense her strength as well as we took these pictures.

Here is Day 225.....

1 comments:

. said...

pretty.

Post a Comment

 
Blog Designed by Rita of CoffeeShop