Friday, June 4, 2010

Day 109

"Lovely Lilacs"

Well, today was one of those days where I pretty much spent every spare moment on my laptop editing pictures! I tried to make it fun for my four-year old...we set up the living room like a train, he wore his conductor hat and I was the driver who sat in the chair (with my laptop - which controlled the train) and we pretty much played "train" all afternoon while I worked. I must do stuff like that more often, then I won't feel so guilty for those days where I spend the majority of my day on my computer!

Today was my sister Leslie's 28th birthday. I so wish I could have celebrated it with her in person, but instead I poured myself a glass of wine this evening in honour of her! She and I chatted on the phone and back and forth via Facebook all day - still not the same as celebrating in person! Oh well, another year for sure! So glad you had a nice day Les, and that you were able to celebrate part of it with Mom, and of course your beautiful sons and husband! Happy Birthday!!

I was pleasantly surprised when my husband came home from baseball this evening with this beautiful bouquet of lilacs. No, they weren't from him, they were from my wonderful friend Andrea. What is even more thoughtful and special about these flowers is that Andrea is allergic to them and yet, knowing they are my favourite, drove to ball with her nose plugged and I'm sure holding her breath part of the way to give them to Kris to bring home to me. Now that is a true-blue friend! Thanks Andrea....

Here is Day 109....

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blog Designed by Rita of CoffeeShop