Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Day 134


"Friends for Life"


Tonight's session was so much fun. I met up with a bunch of Grade 8 girls heading to their Junior High Prom. Next year this bunch of girls is heading off to High School. These girls were all willing to jump as high as I wanted them to and made this session great for me.

The reason I did this shoot was for my Goddaughter Shae. I remember very clearly the day she was born, and I find it very hard to believe she will be heading off to High School next year. To me, Shae is that little girl who loved Spot the Dalmation. However, when she walked upstairs tonight in her prom dress.....I quickly realized, she is no longer the little girl I have in my mind still. Wow - she looked so pretty (and so much like her Mom!).

I have known her Mom all my life. Shae is the reason that I met my husband. Years ago, Kris and I stood up in her parent's wedding party. Then they had Shae and asked me to be the Goddmother and Kris to be the Godfather. We kept meeting up at Shae's birthdays, Halloweens and special occasions and then one day....we went on a date....and the rest is history.

So as you can tell, this girl means a lot to me, so it was my absolute pleasure to take these pictures for her and her friends. I hope you gals had lots of fun tonight at your prom. And I especially hope that you will all be "Friends for Life"....the way Shae's Mom and I have been.

Here is Day 134....

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blog Designed by Rita of CoffeeShop