Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Follow Up To Day 119 - "Butterflies"

So, I received a lot of comments on the pictures of my butterflies (Day 119). But the most powerful comment I received came from my Aunt Bonnie (who follows my blog). She is my Uncle Mervin's younger sister and when she read my post about the butterflies, she sent me a beautiful email telling me it brought a tear to her eye. My Uncle Mervin passed away very unexpectantly on December 23, 2008....his death has left a huge void in all of our lives. I'd like to share with you what my Aunt Bonnie sent me:

This was written by Elizabeth Kubler-Ross who spent a lot of time researching and writing about death and dying:

" When we have passed the tests we were sent to Earth to learn, we are allowed to graduate. We are allowed to shed our body, which imprisons our soul the way a cocoon enclosed the future... See More butterfly, and when the time is right we can let go of it. Then we will be free of pain, free of fears and free of worries...free as a beautiful butterfly returning home to God...which is a place where we are never alone, where we continue to grow and to singand to dance, where we are with those we loved and where we are surrounded with more love than we can ever imagine."

Seems very fitting doesn't it?....

1 comments:

Holly said...

Wow, that's powerful. Uncle Merv had and always will have a special spot in our hearts as we all had in his. I miss his deeply too.

Post a Comment

 
Blog Designed by Rita of CoffeeShop