Saturday, June 12, 2010

Day 118

"What is it with Me and Horses?"

So, a quiet Saturday around here. Kris got back from being on business all last week so I purposely didn't book anything today knowing that we'd be in need of a family day. We decided to go for a drive to St. Ambroise Beach just to get out of the house - it was soooo windy and the fishflies were insane, but it was a nice drive nonetheless. Would love to do some sessions there this summer if possible - I love it there.

Anyhow, as we were driving I was drawn to the sight of all the beautiful horses. I don't know what it is with me, but lately I've been drawn to photographing horses. I grew up on a farm, but we never had a horse so it's not a childhood thing. We had cows and pigs I'm told, but I don't remember them as Dad got out of that when I was little and strictly farmed. Close family friends had horses (Michelle J's Dolly), but I was kinda scared of her (the horse, not Michelle - LOL!), so I'm not sure where this fascination is coming from. Anyhow, I made Kris pull over and went into the ditch, trying not to startle the pretty horses and took a few quick pics. They ran off shortly after I took them, but I was in awe of their beauty!

I did take lots of fun pics on the beach and at the playground at St. Ambroise today, but decided these horses would be my Picture of the Day.

Here is Day 118.....

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blog Designed by Rita of CoffeeShop