Thursday, May 13, 2010

Day 88

"Rainbow Bridge"

I took the back roads into Oakville today on the way to drop Jackson off at Nursery School.  I was glad to see the dirt road from my place leading to this old bridge I love was dry enough that I could pass through.  I've done several family sessions at this location and I love it. 

This bridge is slowly falling apart on the ends, but for the most part remains pretty sturdy. It was built in 1919, which is a long time ago, right after the first World War. Luckily it is on an old road so I can't seeing it being destroyed for safety reasons. There is another old bridge just a few miles from my place, but I think it will be harder to access because last time I tried, there was a huge mud bogg. Maybe I'll take a drive out there tomorrow to see if I can get to it. I love these old structures, they make me pause for a moment and think back to times long ago....


Here is Day 88....


1 comments:

Anonymous said...

OOOOh back roads.... you make me wanna go home now and tour the country side... sigh...

Post a Comment

 
Blog Designed by Rita of CoffeeShop