Sunday, May 2, 2010

Day 76


"Long-Lost Relatives"

Today I got to meet Kris's Aunt Carol for the first time. I had met his Uncle Wayne briefly a couple years ago, but didn't have much of an opportunity to visit with him. They also brought out Kris's Great Aunt Thelma, which was a great surprise. Kris's Uncle Wayne & Aunt Carol live on Salt Spring Island in B.C. so they don't venture out to Manitoba very often. We had a great couple hours with them today, and I wished they could have stayed longer but they had other visiting to do. They are so easy-going and lots of fun to visit with. The boys were very impressed with Wayne as he knew about hockey and sat downstairs and watched the game with them. They thought that was pretty cool!

Kris's Great Aunt Thelma is going to be 87 years old - and wow - is she impressive. She oozes class and is so elegant. All I can say is if I get to be 87...I hope I look just like her. She has such great style and looks stunning! She is so full of history and I could have listened to her for hours. She ventured downstairs as well and had quite a visit with Dylan - just the two of them! I'm a little scared about what Dylan might have told her, but she came back up smiling - so that's a good sign....right??!!

Anyhow, we had a lovely afternoon and I took a few quick pictures before they left. Here are a few of them.....
Day 76

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blog Designed by Rita of CoffeeShop